This project was started by two missionaries who upon seeing the desperate need of the street children in Kisoro, offered a meal to 22 of them. During the meal, they prayed with them that God will continue providing daily food for them.
They decided to be the answer to that prayer and along with many other people that got involved, to give these children a chance for a secure future.
THE PROJECT PROVIDES:
- A weekly meal distribution for street children in Kisoro town.
- A rehabilitation home that provides shelter and education for children.
- The opportunity to attend primary, secondary or vocational education for every child under the care of the organisation.
- Family reunion.
- Support and social services for the families of the children.
- Guidance and ongoing monitoring of the children which are placed in school or with relatives until they are self-reliant.
Many children have been helped to stand on their own feet over the years through the rehabilitation home in Nyakabande. The age of the children varies from 3 to 24 years old. In 2014, we were able to build a home exclusively for girls.
In the home of Koinonia, children are brought up in a family environment and are given the opportunity to develop spiritually, emotionally and physically.
Alongside their education, they participate in sports, music, singing and dancing, crafts and sewing classes, cooking.
BECOME PART OF THE SOLUTION
BY LEARNING HOW YOU CAN HELP TODAY!
Read more about our tailoring training or our 4 projects in: